Events and Partnerships Coordinator
Reports to External Relations Manager
Full-time position based in Canberra
Salary $70,000–$78,000 plus super
This role manages the successful delivery of all CSO events, and supports the External Relations Manager to maintain strong relationships with CSO partners. As part of the External Relations team, this role actively supports the External Relations Manager to achieve brand development, audience, corporate partnership and philanthropy objectives.
The CSO is seeking a self starting, organised, detail oriented and experienced event manager to fill this position. Attendance at all CSO events is essential, the majority of which take place outside of normal business hours. Strong candidates will demonstrate experience in managing budgets and in the use of ticketing software and CRM or similar database technology. Previous experience working in the arts or not-for-profit sectors will be highly regarded.
- Contribute to the development of integrated communications and events planning, fundraising marketing plans and events, and the development of commercial packages and hospitality event opportunities for new and existing corporate partners
- End-to-end planning and coordination of all CSO events including relevant day to day administration
- Liaise with, negotiate and book identified venues meeting the CSO’s requirements, including (as required) catering, beverages, infill, lighting, staging, piano tuning, amplification, security, etc for the delivery of high quality performance activities or events
- Ensure all compliance requirements for WH&S are met at venues used by the CSO
- Liaise with external suppliers, contractors and staff at venues and maintain positive professional relationships
- Devise and manage event running sheets, and complete event reports as required
- Attend all CSO events as required
- Maintain accurate records and budgetary spreadsheets for all events expenses
- Ensure all invoices and financials are submitted to Finance accurately and in a timely fashion
- Monitor, maintain and use CRM information systems in relation to events
- Liaise directly with guest artists and/or their managers to complete artist contracts on time and to budget
- Liaise directly with guest artists and/or their managers to coordinate and book travel and accommodation and other requirements in conjunction with artists’ CSO engagements
- Coordinate tasks and timetables for CSO Kingsland Residents, in consultation with the Residents Coordinator
- Contribute to the development of donor specific communications in relation to fundraising and events.
- Liaise directly with CSO partners
- Manage guest invitations and RSVPs
- Reporting as required
- Other duties as assigned, having regard to your skills, training and experience
Please submit your CV and a cover letter briefly outlining your relevant experience and suitability to the role (no longer than two pages) to the CEO, Rachel Thomas, via email@example.com by COB Monday 18 November.