Enhance any event with stunning performances from Canberra’s finest musicians
Did you know that the musicians of the Canberra Symphony Orchestra can be hired in small groups for your event?
CSO Ensembles have performed to great acclaim in many venues around Canberra including Government House, Australian Parliament House, embassies, galleries, museums, concert venues, and even private homes.
CSO Ensembles are perfect for background music at dinners, cocktail parties, weddings, corporate functions, or even as a concert or recital style performance.
Choose from duo, trio, and quartet ensembles and we will guide you through instrument and music selections.
Have a special request? We are more than happy to discuss your ideas and work with you to ensure that your CSO Ensemble meets your event requirements.
How to book
- Complete the online request form available via the button above.
- The CSO Ensemble manager will be in touch within 5 days to confirm your request and send you a booking confirmation form.
- Once you have sent back the signed confirmation form CSO will formally contract the musicians for your event. In the case that you wish to cancel the event after signing the booking confirmation form, the following fees apply.
- Cancellation more than 2 weeks before event: $100 fee to be paid, no other charges apply.
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks before event: Full quoted cost must be paid. The amount is due in order for us to abide by the Certified Agreement 2018-2020 terms; in the case of a cancellation of less than 2 weeks, musicians must be paid their full rates.
- On the day of your event, the CSO Ensemble will perform. After the event, you will receive an invoice from CSO’s finance department.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact the CSO Ensemble manager – Eloise: email@example.com
We pay all our musicians in accordance with union rates and include superannuation, workers compensation, and other benefits.
Sundays and public holidays are charged at double rates. The final fee will be emailed to you in your booking confirmation form before the booking is finalised.
Special requests for particular pieces of music will be honoured wherever possible. Note: this may incur extra costs if music or arrangments need to be purchased for your chosen ensemble size. Please let us know of any special requests in advance.