The Kingsland Fellowship offers specialised professional development for advanced musicians at the tertiary and postgraduate level.
The Kingsland Fellowship encompasses solo, chamber and orchestral playing, audition preparation, and career development, inspiring artistic excellence and creating pathways to professional performance and other arts industry opportunities.
The program offers training in a supportive environment, tailored to the unique artistic path and goals of each Fellow.
- Regular workshops in solo, chamber and orchestral playing, and audition preparation, with CSO Concertmaster Kirsten Williams and other CSO musicians.
- Tailored recitals and community outreach performances.
- Masterclasses and professional development opportunities with Jessica Cottis, CSO Chief Conductor and Artistic Director, and other high profile creative leaders.
- CSO 2023 season pass (valued at $750) and backstage rehearsal access.
The Kingsland Fellowship is open to tertiary and postgraduate students (including students studying non-music programs). Applications are welcome for all orchestral instruments.
Each Kingsland Fellow receives a stipend of $1,200 for the 2023 year.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, email a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver in person at the CSO Office during business hours (Level Five, 1 Farrell Place). Applications close COB Tuesday 31 January 2023.
Download application form [PDF 491KB]
Auditions will be scheduled in early February 2023.
To audition for the Kingsland Collective, applicants will be required to present:
- two contrasting works (unaccompanied).
Auditions will also comprise sight reading and a short interview.
For more information, contact the CSO via email@example.com.