Every year, the CSO enriches thousands of lives through memorable musical experiences, from the Llewellyn Hall mainstage to Canberra’s historic Albert Hall, from our national institutions and the lawns of Government House to shopping centres, hospitals and schools.
While the Canberra Symphony Orchestra receives some grant funding from government, we rely on partnerships and philanthropic support to bring our artistic vision to life.
MORE CONCERT PROGRAMS
You support helps us put more music on the stage, from the masterworks of the Western classical canon and cherished chamber favourites to new commissions from Australian composers of all walks.
MORE COMMUNITY MUSIC
Your support helps us expand the reach and scope of our community programs, delivering positive outcomes across the region in health and wellbeing, education, innovation and community building.
MORE OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUNG PLAYERS
Your support helps us equip the next generation of classical and orchestral musicians through our Kingsland Pathways Program for emerging artists. Led by Kirsten Williams, Concertmaster, this program trains young and pre-professional players in chamber and orchestral playing, individual performance and critical professional skills.
- $10 helps grow our HeartStrings ticket fund for members of the community experiencing financial hardship, social isolation or other barriers to concerts.
- $75 helps cover the cost of piano tuning, hiring rehearsal spaces and sourcing sheet music.
- $200 helps maintain CSO instruments, such as keyboards and percussion.
- $500 helps expand access to our Canberra Symphony Youth Chamber Orchestra program through a scholarship.
- $1000 helps amplify diverse Australian voices by contributing to our commissioning fund, with a growing focus on First Nations composers.
- $5000 helps stage additional chamber music experiences.
WAYS TO GIVE
- Give online via our secure donation portal or your CSO Direct web account.
- Call CSO Direct on 02 6262 6772 to make a donation over the phone (weekdays 10am–3pm).
- Print and complete the CSO donation form and post to CSO Direct, GPO Box 1919 CANBERRA ACT 2601
A convenient, monthly giving option is also now available to allow you to partner with your orchestra in an ongoing way.
- Sponsor a chair in the orchestra.
- Provide a major donation to support an initiative related to your interests.
- Leave a gift in your will for long-term community benefit.
To learn more about the impact of your support, contact Sally Walker, Philanthropy Manager via email@example.com or call the CSO administration on 02 6247 9191.
The CSO is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.
Donations over $2 are tax-deductible.