Canberra’s biggest family picnic, with all your Broadway and West End favourites.
Geoffrey Castles Conductor
Simon Gleeson Soloist
Genevieve Kingsford Soloist
Please allow time for all bags to be security checked
Get the family together for a summer evening of music on the lawns of Government House. From My Fair Lady to Frozen, enjoy musical theatre and film hits performed live by the Canberra Symphony Orchestra, with acclaimed conductor Geoffrey Castles on the podium. The concert also features guest stars Simon Gleeson and Genevieve Kingsford.
Pack your own picnic, or head over to the Lions Club sausage sizzle on the night. Purchase drinks from the Lerida Estate Winery bar or BYO. Book in advance for cheaper tickets and quicker entry!
Groups (10+) $20 tickets*
Families (2x adults, unlimited children aged 5-16) $70 family pass*
No ticket required for children under the age of 5
The CSO 2019 Raffle will be drawn on the night – get tickets online.
- You can bring glassware, knives under 8cm in length and alcohol.
- You can bring a personal umbrella / parasole for shade. Large umbrellas fixed to the ground or other shade structures are not permitted.
- Weapons, sharps, knives over 8cm in length and dangerous or hazardous materials are strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the grounds of Government House.
- Dogs / animals are not permitted, except service animals.
- All bags brought into the venue will be subject to security checks at the gate.
- Tickets are available at the gate – however, tickets purchased in advance online or over the phone with CSO Direct are less expensive. For more information, refer to the full 2019 season pricing or call CSO Direct on 02 6262 6772.
The Shell Prom is an open-air, all-weather event. To avoid disappointing our patrons who look forward to this special annual concert, the Canberra Symphony Orchestra (CSO) will go ahead with the performance even in the event of unfavourable weather conditions. We will only cancel a performance due to electrical storms or high winds and/or rain. Any decision to cancel will be made on the day in consultation with the Bureau of Meteorology and Government House – unless advised otherwise by the CSO, please dress for the weather and plan to arrive for a 6pm start.
Please note This year, the Prom stage will return to its original location on the Vista Lawn. As a result, the audience seating area will be exposed to the setting sun. Please wear a hat, sunscreen and suitable attire and drink plenty of water.
The Saturday Series is a change of pace from the mid-week rhythm. This inspired collection of one-off concerts offers a range of experiences, from a picnic in the gardens of Government House and a grand night at the opera, to an afternoon of chamber classics.